Monday, September 29, 2008

ENT Appt and Meeting Miss Lillie

Drew had his follow-up appointment today with his ENT doctor to check his ear tubes. He had them put in on July 10th and we were just now able to get up there for them to be checked, so luckily the doc said they looked great! Drew also had his hearing checked again and it came back normal. In addition to doing the hearing test like they did at his team visit (with the black boxes), they also tried the headphones on him. Now keep in mind that Drew is sitting on my lap in this black room and we are suppose to be very quiet so Drew can hear the "noises," but as soon as they put the headphones on him, I couldn't help but laugh! He looked so funny with them on!! I kept having to look up at the ceiling so I wouldn't laugh!!

After his appointment, we went to the mall (my mom was with me) and Drew got some more new clothes at Gymboree and Janie & Jack. I am on a mission to find the perfect outfits for our upcoming family pics and I think I may have found Drew's shirt today at J&J.

Last of all, we went to my friend Christie's house to meet her new daughter Lillie (born on 08.08.08). She is such a pretty little girl!! Drew wasn't sure what to think about her... :)



3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for Drew's hearing!! Do most cleft kids need the ear tubes? I've noticed a trend in these blogs... I was laughing picturing you trying not to laugh at the doctor's. That would totally be me. Can't wait to see the new clothes on him!

amanda said...

Hey! Thank you so much for the comment. If you would ever like to email me you can reach me at ajwalenga@gmail.com. I would love to get to know you and Drew better!

Amanda Walenga

Darcy said...

Yippee for the hearing test going well. I HATE it when Rachel has to have a test, I get all claustrophobic and anxiety stricken in that small room with no noise or air movement.

I was checking Rachel's ears the other night and noticed her tubes she had put in a year ago (a year today!) are now out an laying in her canal. So I think a hearing test will be in the works for us soon....