Day before surgery... (this first one is still in a frame on our bedroom dresser!)
2 days after surgery...
8 days after...
And 2 weeks after. Finally no more blood or glue!
I didn't post any of the "right after surgery pics;" just looking at them brought tears to my ears. I am so glad that the next few years should be surgery free (well, except for maybe ear tubes).
We love our brave little boy!!


5 comments:
That was great to see the progression of pictures. I also have such a hard time holding it together when I see the fresh out of surgery pictures. Drew looks great. Tomorrow we are celebrating Aiden's 1st b-day (even though it isnt till the 3rd) and I can't believe how fast this past year has come and gone. I am sure you feel the same way since his surgery. And his eyes? As gorgeous as ever of course!!!
Ahh, I loved seeing the pictures of your once-little man! You're always so good about remembering all of his surgery dates. I guess I remember Aidan's too, but I will probably forget when a year has passed. I forgot that Drew had a lip revision. It looked so good after 2 weeks (but looked good before too! Aidan's is just so awful looking).
Bless his little cute heart! He has done so great with everything and healed so good. What a little cutie-patootey!
He was so smiley!! I can't imagine being that small and having to have surgery. I'm glad you guys don't have to go through that again any time soon!!
Drew is just too cute. Love the red hair!
At first I wasn't even thinking of traveling a long distance. Our only option in AL is Children's. After doing some research, I found out they don't use the NAM or the latham, which I would want to use if Riley needs it. I also heard that a lot of their palate repairs are coming back having to be re-done. I talked with 2 families that had bad experiences there. My other option was Atlanta. I talked with 2 families that had bad experiences there, too, one with the NAM and one with the latham. Terri Cote, Jaron's mom (link to blog on my page) encouraged me to contact Dr Mulliken. I did and was thankful Terri suggested him. I'm an RN and work with lots of great doctors, but none that would take the time to email me back personally (especially so quickly). We will only have to travel to Boston hopefully 3 or 4 times. I've since talked with 3 more families that used him. He works exclusively on clefts and other facial defects. Dr Mulliken has a big "fan" base and the results from his surgeries speak for themselves.
Post a Comment