We saw Ms. Julie (SLP) on September 8th. Then on Friday, I went to a parent conference that she hosted. Right now, I'm at work typing out my notes from both meetings so I can give them to Drew's school SLP. I'm trying to communicate with her everything that I think is important in order to get his speech moving along. And then I come to one of the last slides of Julie's presentation called "Thoughts..." and I realize that these are the things that really matter -- these are the important things!
- Try to stay in the now...
- No doesn't always mean no...
- Trust your instincts as a parent...
- Communication is important...
- Speech is not the most important thing in life...
- Being loved and loving is important...
- Health and happiness are blessings...
- Enjoy times together and create fun experiences...
- Snuggle and laugh...
And I think most of these can be applied to any situation! So when things get tough, I'm just going to come back to this list and smile real big, just like Drew :)
4 comments:
Honestly, Lucas has apraxia but has been growing in leaps and bounds now that he is in school! He is such a happy and active boy it just doesn't get me down because all I have to do is look at him! He is sooo happy and enjoying life! Something we should all stive to do...just stay present in the moment really is the best advice! Hang in there. You'll all figure it out.
strive to do *.... LOL sorry!
Awesome list, I'm going to steal it if you don't mind. I Love it, such a good reminder of what to do with these little blessings/kids in our life.
I think most of that list can apply to everyone! We all need to look at what is most important and not sweat the other stuff.
Post a Comment