Let's see, this month has had it's share of bad moments -- you had bronchiolitis, strep throat, and a horrible cold. But it had new and exciting moments too -- you started day care one and a half days a week, you got to play in the snow for the first time, and we took a weekend trip to visit our friends the Robinson's.
What else???
- You still LOVE to be read to and we always finish the night with "Good Night Moon" and you kissing the moon on the last page.
- You have grown quite attached to two of your stuffed animals -- the fish that daddy got you for Christmas and the giraffe we got you for Valentine's day. You hold both of them while we read bedtime stories and then hold them tight while I carry you to bed. Then you have a little "play session" with them and "Skip It" before you drift off to sleep...
- You also really like your "Little People" farm and can play by yourself with it for quite some time. You actually like all of your figurines including the new Jungle Book ones you got for Valentine's Day.
- You are receiving speech therapy 2x's per week and are making good progress. Even though most of your sounds are still "m's" and "b's" you can tell that you are experimenting with different sounds and, as your speech therapist put it, "using other oral movements" (i.e. not just making lip sounds, but also using your jaw).
- You love bath time and I have found that it is a good time to do flash cards with you!
- You are a great eater, most of the time, and even like your veggies -- peas, carrots, green beans (just sometimes), sweet potatoes, and broccoli! Your favorite foods, though, are probably macaroni and cheese and any type of bread :o)
Well, I'm sure there's a million more things I could write, but I'll close by saying that I love you more than you'll ever know and I honestly can't imagine life without you -- my greatest little blessing!


6 comments:
He is growing up so quickly. I love the format of your blog, writing it to him. What type of flash cards do you do with him while he is in the tub? I think Aiden is too young but closely approaching that age where we can start working with him.
His hair looks cute curly! Nate's is getting out of control, but I just suck it up and let it grow. I will miss his curls when they're gone. I love the updates people post. It gives you a deeper glimpse into their personalities!
what a sweet boy!! love the curl pic:)
Adalynn will be 21 months soon, and like you, I can not believe she is almost 2! That sounds so old...so big....so NOT a baby anymore. Where in the world did the time go?
That is such a sweet post! I love Drew's hair in the last picture!
Glad to hear he's doing so well :).
Makes me so excited to hear about what Drew's doing at 20 months... that's awesome he's still lovin' on the veggies. Aidan only does green beans sometimes too, but everything else he loves. Glad he's making some progress on his speech. I bet he'll be one of those kids that once he figures it all out, he'll be talking NON-STOP!!
Post a Comment