Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday Random Ramblings -- On Friday!

This is my first time playing along with Brooke, and yes, I'm a day late...I had good intentions of posting this yesterday, but... Anywho, here we go!

The last three weeks at daycare, they have been transitioning Drew from the toddler room to the 2.5 to 3.5 year old room. I asked for them to go ahead and move him so that he would be around more kids who were talking, which will hopefully help out with his speech. He only goes on Tuesdays and Jon usually takes him, but since this Tuesday was his first day of being in the new room all day, I decided to go so I could meet his teachers and stuff. Let me just say that when I left, I had tears in my eyes and I called Jon crying because I did not like that room and all I wanted to do was turn around and go back and get him! I was use to the toddler teachers scooping him up and making him feel welcome right away and just being really, really, friendly. When I entered the new room, the two teachers were sitting in chairs and they stayed there. No, "So your Drew's mom?" etc. I went to hang his coat up and he didn't even have a cubby yet :( I also had returned a coat that wasn't Drew's that he brought home last week and when I asked where Drew's was the reply was, "Well, I'm sure it's around here somewhere." So I left. And I cried. I even emailed the head of the center about my experience (yes, I'm THAT mom). Then I decided to call out there because the one teacher that I did know from his class wasn't there yet when I was. When I called, I got some news that made everything make sense...I had taken Drew to the WRONG ROOM! No wonder the teachers acted like they didn't know who he was or anything. Looking back, you would have thought they would have asked me some questions?? During breakfast I guess they figured it out and got him back to his correct room. How's that for a Not Me Monday...I did not take my child to the wrong room at daycare...

******************

Jon's nephew was diagnosed with the swine flu on Tuesday. From what I've heard, anyone testing positive for Influenza A right now, they are assuming it is the swine flu. So needless to say, Drew did not say with Aunt B this week!

******************

Jon is the chairman of our local Duck's Unlimited chapter and their annual fundraising banquet is this Saturday night so we have been super busy getting ready for that! It's a lot of work, but I really enjoy it once everything comes together. Too bad my real job can't be planning events for not-for-profits! (Maybe if we won the Powerball like that doctor in Florida just did...)

******************

My beloved Cardinals got swept in the playoffs by the Dodgers. It was quite depressing. Not sure who to root for now.

******************

I found out on Saturday that our local Dairy Queen no longer has Brownie Batter Blizzards, which is probably a good thing because I was addicted to them. Maybe now I can get back on track with the South Beach diet. Jon and I have both (unfortunately) gained almost all of the weight back that we lost this spring...

******************

Drew's Halloween costume came in this week and it is CUTE! Every time he sees it, he wants to put it on! My luck, he'll probably refuse to wear it come Halloween!

******************

One last thing...a cute picture of Drew! (And no, I wasn't taking pictures with my phone while driving...)


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kameron said...

I can't believe you took him to the wrong room and they didn't even say anything. I would be more concerned about that!!! They should know who is in their room!

My Red Sox got swept by the Angels so I am in the same boat as you. It is a disappointing ending to the season, that's for sure. Once my team is out, I don't bother even watching or rooting for anyone, so I'm all set and happily settled into football. Thank God the seasons overlap!

What's Drew going to be for Halloween? Oh, I am so buying Natey that Batman shirt. I had the screen open and he was all up in my lap to look at the "super hero shirts" and was sad when I told him it was time for bed!

Brooke said...

Ughh, what a crazy story about daycare. I would have been crying too.

Thankfully our DQ closed already for the season. I was eating a blizzard almost every night! No wonder I gained back everything I lost earlier this year too!

Kelly Rogers said...

I am so behind on my blog reading - sorry for the late comments!

Wow, he was in the wrong room and no one even said anything? That's crazy. What kind of school is that? Geesh. I love this post - very entertaining!