Saturday, January 16, 2010

Drew's "Crib"

We decided to invest part of Drew's Christmas money into a new bookcase. He LOVES being read to and the two little baskets in the living room just weren't cutting it anymore. The only problem was finding one that would match his furniture, which is "tea stain." Luckily, you can get wood samples from Pottery Barn Kids and the one we ordered matched perfectly!

The bookcase came in the mail yesterday and Jon put it together last night. Because he is such a great husband, he let me sleep in this morning (and sleep in I did -- I didn't get up until 10:30!). When I got up, he already had it in Drew's room with most of his books on it! Of course, I had to do a little rearranging, but I just love it!

I also realized that I didn't have many pictures of Drew's room and since we'll probably be moving him to our spare bedroom (which is bigger) when he turns 3 and graduates to a "big boy bed," I decided to snap away today.

His room is pretty small and Jon and I were laughing today because it is definitely full!! Here is the bookshelf:


And the rest of his room. His crib isn't nearly as cute anymore with out the bumper pads or crib skirt...



I never hung anything over the changing table, but I just got D-R-E-W letters, so maybe that is where we will put them!


And here's something funny...I was looking back to see what pics I had of Drew's nursery from before he was born and I found this one...see if you notice anything odd...


Do you see it? Yep, Drew's name was *almost* Jonah!

4 comments:

Mommy3 said...

That is a great book shelf!!! And the room looks awesome. So cute. You'll have to fill that empty room once he moves to his big boy bed and new room! ;)

Heather said...

yay! Love that bookshelf. So glad the stain matched!!! And what a nice hubby for putting it together for you... of course, I put baby girl's together during Aidan's nap. : ) I'm the man of the house, you know.

Yay for sleeping in!!

And I just can't picture Drew as a Jonah! Weird!!! His room looks super cute and I think the letters would look great above the changer. So you're not doing the big boy bed until 3? See, that's why we're buying a second crib!

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Drew is definitely a Drew. Isn't it weird how that works out? Broderick was going to be Caleb or Quinton....and he is definitely NOT either of those!!!!

Love Drew's room. It is so cute!!!! Adalynn is in a toddler bed now and I am in the process of painting her bedroom furniture, so a twin bed (although that sounds WAY too grown up) is in her future. Is Drew not climbing out already?

Kameron said...

That is why i couldn't commit to a name until he was born. Nathan was almost Roman. It is funny how they totally fit their names isn't it?!