The one good thing about working late is I think it makes you like me more!! Whenever I come home, you run to me and give me the biggest hugs! Even when we pick you up at Grandma and Grandpa's on Fridays, you are excited to see me!! Daddy is doing such a great job at picking you up after work and cooking you dinner. I'm looking forward to being home at 5 again and being able to cook and actually eat dinner with my boys (even though I'm not a very good cook!).
On March 4th, you got your third set of ear tubes put in. Here we are that morning:
The doctor said your left ear was pretty bad (cleft side) so hopefully you are hearing better which will help with your speech. Compared to your other three surgeries, this truly was a piece of cake! We got to see you right after surgery and were on the road home shortly after that. You even ate a whole grilled cheese and then slept until we reached our driveway. At home, you played just like nothing had happened!
We've had a few nice days and you've enjoyed playing outside. I can't wait for summer -- I think you are really going to love it this year!!
We had a meeting with the elementary school this week. It sounds like you will be starting "school" in August. It is 4 days a week for about 3 hours, so it's not like you'll be there all day like I had originally thought. It still seems kind of weird that my little boy will be going to the big school, but it's the next step after you turn 3 and no longer qualify for speech through Early Intervention. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it because I've heard such great things about the two speech therapists and they said the whole class is really language based -- maybe that's just what you need to get you talking! We'll find out in May (at yet another meeting) whether you get in for sure. For now, you continue to receive speech therapy from Jaci twice a week. The last couple of weeks, though, you haven't been too cooperative...
That's all for now...just remember how very, very, much I love you :)
oxox, mommy


1 comment:
They will be 3 before we know it!! I hope you are able to come up for air soon. i can't even imagine what it must be like for you during this crazy tax time!
Post a Comment