Thursday, February 25, 2010

Drew = 2 Years + 8 Months Old!

Dear Drew - It's the heart of tax season (corporations are due on 3/15!), it's 9:00 at night and I just got home from work (Thursday is my late night since you stay at Grandma's), but I am determined to do your monthly post -- especially since I have been such a bad blogger lately. What I have been doing, though, is keeping a little list of exciting, fun, and new things that have been happening so let's get started!

You aren't eating as good as I would like, but one thing we've found is that you will sometimes eat better if we cut stuff up and let you eat it with a fork. I guess you like using forks!!

[Fun w/Elefun!]


We are working on letter recognition (in conjunction with letter sounds). You are best at saying and recognizing A, B, H, M, O, P, and S. (Vowels and the M/B/P consonants are still what the speech therapists tell us to focus on so that is why we haven't branched out too much.) And while you can make these sounds, you are still struggling with putting them together to make words. (Although momma, pop, up and something that sounds like backpack -- thanks Dora -- are coming along!) Your biggest speech accomplishment this month was you said "bubble!" In the past, bubble and bye-bye have pretty much sounded the same, but this month Jaci got you to change the second syllable and round your lips -- lip rounding is something you had been struggling with so while "bubble" isn't always consistent, it's definitely a step in the right direction! I'm so proud of you and how cooperative you always are with Jaci and with me and daddy when we are doing speech stuff with you!

Before bed, I use to carry you into your bedroom and while holding you, I would say a little prayer. This month we started doing your prayer a little different and it is the cutest thing ever! After reading to you, you take my hand and lead me to your room, get down on your knees, put your hands together, bow your head, and wait for me to do the same. Then I say a little prayer out loud. (Still working on getting you to say Amen!) It is just so sweet!!

You have become a hair twirler! When I read to you, you love to play with my hair. And when we lay you down at night, we can see you on the monitor playing with your own hair! That is until...


...yep, Daddy took you for a haircut and now you have nothing to twirl :( Since I had to work, Daddy took you by himself and it was not a pleasant experience for him! He said you threw a fit and he had to basically hold you down the whole time - yikes! I'll be sure to pack the DVD player (or M&M's) next time!

Your current obsession is with dinosaurs, which is partially due to being introduced to Uncle Colby's old Land Before Time movies! Here you are watching it on YouTube...


You went to Sunday school for the first time on February 7th! You seemed to enjoy it! Unfortunately, we haven't made it back since...because you were sick on the 14th and I was sick on the 21st.

You also attended your first Superbowl party and had so much fun playing with all the kids at Colby and Candice's house! (Yay Saints & Drew Brees!!)


We had our second family movie night -- we watched Up!

We celebrated Nan and Pop's 50th wedding anniversary. Your favorite part -- the red velvet cake! The next day, Aunt Deb and Uncle Steve took you to Addison's 2nd birthday party and you were so excited about the giant Cookie Monster balloon you got to bring home!


Well, another month has gone by, which means you are another month closer to turning 3! I hope I never forget just how much joy your bring to my life -- there is nothing quite like coming home at night to you running toward me and giving me a huge hug. And then I get lots of hugs, kisses, and nose rubs right before bed -- your Eskimo kisses always make me laugh :) I just love you so very much!!!

oxox, mommy

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Time sure flies! Great work with the letter sound/recognition too. Oh, and T loves her Elefun game. I found ours brand new in the box at a consignment store for $4, so I couldn't pass it up :)

Kelly Rogers said...

Great post! It seems like I am always behind on my blogging and blog reading, so I am catching up now. Drew is just absolutely adorable! His pictures make me smile! I love the picture of him watching the dinosaur movie while clutching two dinosaur figurines - it is too cute.