Saturday, January 24, 2009

ER...Again!

Drew stayed the night with my mom last night. He had a cold, but as the night went on, he started having trouble breathing. So, my mom called me this morning to tell me that she was taking him to the ER. When Jon and I got there, he had already been examined. He pretty much has what he had almost exactly a year ago -- bronchiolitis. So, he is on an oral steroid, an antibiotic (just in case) and he has to do breathing treatments. Luckily, we already have a nebulizer from last time. Here he is all kicked back watching Baby Einstein after his breathing treatment.


Please keep Drew in your prayers for a speedy recovering! Oh, and he was suppose to have started his day and a half of day care this week, but it looks like that will be postponed...

8 comments:

Heather said...

Drew, quit giving your mom and dad a scare!!! Poor guy. I will be keeping him in my thoughts this week, hoping he recovers quickly!

Kameron said...

I hope he feels better. It always hurt my heart when my boy is sick. :o(

amanda said...

Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon!

Heather said...

Hey - thanks for the comment... but if you go back to my blog, you'll see I deleted most of that post. I guess I tricked my mom and she wasn't too thrilled! : ( Oops. Anyway, I won't be doing that again!!

Christie & Roger said...

Poor Drew. I hope he is feeling better as each day passes. He must have a thing with getting sick while at your moms. Didn't this happen last year on a Thursday night also?

Allison said...

Poor little guy, things like this are always so scary! How is he doing now??? I hope he's feeling much better!

Allison said...

I forgot to mention this, but we are public now at the address I created when we went private. I noticed your link to our blog is still for the older address, so, if it's not too much to ask, I would really appreciate if you could link us up to the new one . . . that way folks can find us again, thanks so much!

Nola said...

Hello. I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant with a little girl, Riley, who will be born with a bilateral cleft and probable palate. I came across your blog through other cleft family's blogs. Drew is so cute! It is so helpful to read through other's experiences with clefts. If you don't mind I'll add you to my blog list and probably ask lots of questions. Thanks.