Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fair / Labor Day

Time to play catch-up again!!

On Wednesday, September 2nd, Jon and I took Drew to a local state fair. I use to go every year with my family, but realized that I hadn't been since Jon and I started dating! This was Drew's first time going too!

Since Drew had such a great time riding the rides at our county fair (all five or so of them...), we decided that instead of buying individual tickets, we would just get him an armband. Our first ride was the carousel. I had to ride it with him and found out that I had to have a ticket too...talk about a rip off!


Then we quickly discovered that for most of the kiddie rides, you had to be 36" tall and Drew isn't, so I wondered if we had just wasted our $20, but we found plenty of other rides that Drew enjoyed. See!!


He really liked the ladybug ride too. It went around in circles pretty fast. See how much fun he is having??


Then, he came around looking like this -- he had slipped down in the seat! I laughed so hard when I saw him and am so glad I got a picture of "that face!!"


This also makes me laugh just thinking about it. I rode it with Drew and didn't really realize what it did. It went up and down in big circles...in big, FAST circles! It made my stomach drop every time, but Drew...he just sat there with the biggest cheese on his face ever. Guess I might have a daredevil on my hands!


See how high up it went??


The other funny thing was the Scooby that Drew won. He wouldn't ride in his stroller after getting it. Instead, he had to hold on to Scooby's ear and make him walk. I can't even tell you how many people Scooby ran into...



Next...
We went to a fun Labor Day fish fry at Jon's Uncle and Aunt's house. They live on a farm so Drew had fun riding in the backhoe, checking out woolly worms, and just exploring!



3 comments:

Joy Howse said...

Looks like so much fun. I used to go to the fair almost every year when I was a kid too. I have yet to take any of my kids. :( Bad mom. We plan to go next year when Aiden will enjoy it more. Hopefully it won't be too late for Andrew to enjoy it still.

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Love all the photos. Hope you ate lots of yummy fair food while you were there. We didn't get to go this year so I am still craving Lemon Shake-ups and fried food.

Alicia W. said...

Girl I have already started saving money for the fair. Ours comes in Oct and I am so excited to take BOTH kids this year. You guys looked like you had a blast. Love the photos of Drew cheezin it up.