On December 3rd, Drew and I attended our first "Little Lambs" playgroup, which is through our church. It was a birthday party for Jesus! I had to take off work, but it was worth it! One thing the kids got to do was decorate a cupcake and then blow out a candle. (PS I was the only mom there with a camera - ha!)
Even though it's not Christmas yet, we went ahead and let Drew have one of his gifts. It was a new chair (and yes, I picked a fabric that matched our living room). I'm pretty sure he likes it!!

On December 5th, we got our Christmas stuff out. We got most of it out that morning.
Then while Drew napped (for three hours!!!) I got the whole tree decorated. I snapped this pic of Drew running down the hall after his nap when he first saw the tree!!
Later that night, I got a few pics of Drew in his Christmas PJ's in front of the tree. I was so pleased with them that I used one for our cards this year and got them ordered that night!

On Wednesday, Nan and Aunt B took Drew to "Breakfast with Santa," where he got a new book. (Of course I sent my camera with them!)
They said he had a great time, but wouldn't sit on Santa's lap. So it's sounding like our picture with Santa might look like this again...
Thursday night was our town's annual lights parade. It was in the 20's so we watched from the truck, but Drew still enjoyed it!
Then the fun began...That night, Drew started coughing a lot and the next morning, you could tell that he just didn't feel good. Mom and Bobby came up and I headed to work. Mom called to tell me that Drew was throwing up everywhere! To make a long story short...she ended up taking Drew to the ER late Friday afternoon. Jon and I got there shortly after all the fun (i.e. finger prick and chest x-ray) and they said it looked like he had the early stages of pneumonia, so they gave him two antibiotics and a steroid. After still not being able to keep anything down, me and Mom took Drew to his pediatrician on Saturday morning where they gave him an antibiotic shot. That seemed to help, but he didn't stop throwing up until yesterday afternoon. After a long nap on Sunday, I believe he was feeling better. See -- here he was last night...
Here's to hoping that Drew keeps improving and is well for Christmas!


4 comments:
Aw I hope your little guy feels better! He looks happy as can be. I love the pics in front of the tree..cute pjs. ;)
Great post....loved being caught up. I haven't had time to post or catch up on anyone else's posting.....so don't feel bad. Love the chair for Drew and the tree pics are super sweet. I hope he is feeling better soon...and hope that everyone else stays well, too!!!!
WOW, you have been super busy. I have been such a blogger/commenter slacker recently. It was great catching up on Drew's adorableness (is that even a word?) LOVE the pic of him coming down the hall toward the tree. And that chair? LOVE IT! Where did you order it from? Knowing my kiddos they would all want one of their own.
Hope Drew is feeling much better now! And may you and the entire family have a blessed Christmas!
Thanks for the update! I am super behind on my blogging/posting also. It seems like we all are! I love the little chair you bought for Drew - what a cute idea. I LOVE the pics of him in his Christmas PJ's, he is such a doll. So sorry to hear that he got sick. I hope he is feeling better now. Poor guy.
Post a Comment