Thursday, December 31, 2009

Oh Happy Boy!

Dear Drew ~ Yesterday our cousins Dena and Aiden came over to play. Aiden is 4 1/2 and thankfully, he is very good at sharing because everything he had, you wanted.


{your face is priceless in this one!}


After playing for a bit, we headed to Burger King for lunch. They have a play land that we had never been to so I thought we'd give it a try. Aiden was a champ -- climbing, crawling, and sliding all over it! You on the other hand were a little short in the pants so I was helping you get up on the first two platforms. Eventually, you started figuring it out and made it all the way to the top! You then made it over to the slide and safely back to the bottom. The second time you made it all the way to the top didn't work out so well. You decided you wanted to come back down the platforms instead of via the slide, but you just couldn't get down, so you starting throwing a fit (and I don't think that room is sound proof!). We tried to get Aiden to help you but he was busy playing with another little girl, so guess who had to climb up there to save you??? Yep, it was me! I don't think we'll be going back for a while...

That night after your bath, you were is a really good mood so I got my camera out. It is SO hard to get a good picture of you these days so I am VERY excited about this one -- a true smile and you are looking right at the camera (you were tickling daddy and happened to look up at me!).


Here are some other fun ones!



{tickling Daddy's feet}



Today is New Years Eve and I am so thankful for all the blessings God has given us this year. Here's to an even better 2010!!

oxox ~ mommy

6 comments:

The Ski's said...

What a super cute little man you have on your hands! May you have a wonderful start to 2010......many hugs being sent your way!

Kameron said...

It is so hard to get a true smile on film! They move so fast and I hate the fake cheesey smiles I get when Nate says cheese! Sorry I'v been so sucky at blogging, but I'm going to try to keep up a little better now that she is starting to get on a bit of a schedule!

Mommy3 said...

I always get so excited when I get that "perfect" shot of one of the kids so I know how you feel. Oh and I gave you a blog award...check it out on my blog and join in on the fun!

Kelly Rogers said...

Cute pics! It is pretty difficult to catch the little ones smiling. But you definitely have an adorable subject to work with! Happy New Year!

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Love, love, love the pictures and the "real" smiles. I know how hard it is to get them. And I have to say, I think your little man has the best hair ever. It is GORGEOUS!!!!

Heather said...

Drew has the best expressions!!! I just captured Aidan's first "smile for the camera" on film yesterday. Amazing!

Hey, is that the Imaginarium train table? I think we're gonna get that for Aidan's 2nd. My friend had one and he LOVED it!!! Has Drew gotten mad at it since Christmas? : )