Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Drew = 2-Years + 7 Months

Dear Drewby-Doo: As of Monday you are now closer to three years old than two -- wow! We have had a fun month -- the holidays; playdates w/Aiden, Colten, and Dalton; playing in the snow; fun at Extreme Sports w/Little Lambs; our first official "movie night;" and a somewhat fun trip to St. Louis!

While I was off work from Christmas until New Years, you were such an angel! We had so much fun playing with all of your new toys and doing some fun art projects.


You were healthy, sleeping wonderfully (as usual) and taking really long naps (i.e. 2.5 to 3 hours!!). You were eating almost anything I put in front of you with no objection and learned that I wasn't kidding when I would say you had to take "just one bite" of something new. You even discovered that you wanted more that "just one" of some things like sugar snap peas! I was loving it! And then I had to go back to work...

On your Tuesdays at school, you have decided that you don't need a nap, which makes Tuesday nights really rough on me and your daddy. You also decided that you would take advantage of no one making you eat the good stuff so one day they told me that for breakfast you had toast and for lunch you had bread and butter.


On Wednesdays at Nan's your trying to pass on your nap too. They got rid of your crib a while ago, but you were sleeping pretty good in your toddler bed. However, you soon discovered the freedom of being able to get up at your leisure so they had us bring the pak-n-play over and as you can see from my below post, you can climb out of that, so naps at Nan's have been virtually nonexistent, which, again, can make Wednesday nights a little rough on me and your daddy! I'm really not sure what to suggest to them!

So far, when you're here, you don't fight your nap and while it hasn't been 3 hours lately, I'll take an hour and a half nap any day over no nap at all!

Something else that has happened this month is you have decided that you sometimes don't like to take a bath. We can usually "talk you into it," but at Grandma's I guess you just flat out don't like her tub anymore! Sorry buddy, but baths aren't optional!


Potty training is still a no-go. I'm not going to rush you, but anytime you're ready, I will be too!! I have the funniest picture of you sitting on the potty, but I'll be nice and not post it :)

You love to run around in circles and it seems like you never get dizzy!?!?

You love your new Hungry Hippo game and always want me and daddy to play along with you.


Love you Drew and can't wait to see what surprises and fun this month holds!
oxox ~ mommy

5 comments:

Grandma said...

Yay Drew ,you like Grandmas tub again,thank goodness...

Christie & Roger said...

I'm curious to see how the pack n play situation works out. Lillie is long for her age and while she doesn't test it yet, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she figures out how to get out of it. Unfortunately, I think it will be way before she's old enough to understand the concept of staying in a big girl bed.

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

LOVE HIS HAIR!!! He is so cute!

Oh, Adalynn is in a toddler bed too and ends up in our bed 4-5 nights a week because she walks across the hallway over to our room carrying all of her things at 2-3 in the morning....not worth fighting to get her back in her bed. Just lift her up, she settles in between us and we all go back to sleep.

Kelly Rogers said...

After reading your post, I'm worried about how and when to transition Gavin into the toddler bed! Maybe I'll try when he's 18 months...
Drew is just so cute!! I love all of the pictures!

Kelly Rogers said...

After reading your post, I'm worried about how and when to transition Gavin into the toddler bed! Maybe I'll try when he's 18 months...
Drew is just so cute!! I love all of the pictures!