After breakfast, we headed to Sear's for pictures. We hadn't been there since you were 18 months old and that was NOT a good experience so my expectations were not too high...BUT, you did great and I got the cheesy picture with the big number "3" that I wanted along with lots of other cute ones!




After lunch and a nice long nap, we played outside while we waited for daddy to get home from work. The tractor that we got you for your birthday last year...that you wouldn't ride...well, it's now one of your favorite toys!
After daddy got home, it was time to open the presents from us!
I think your favorite thing was the singing Shrek card!!
Before cake, I had to get your picture in your "3" hat, which you also wore on your first and second birthdays.
Finally time for cake!
It was a great day and I get a little emotional knowing that you are now another year older. As cliche as this may sound, I love you more and more everyday and can't even begin to imagine what our lives would be like without you in it -- you bring a million smiles a day to my face and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you in the coming year (other than becoming a big brother...)!
Up next, the big party...
Other birthday blogs: Turning 1 and Turning 2 (So glad I got the "crib" pic every year!)


5 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! I love the Sears picture of him laying on his back! So cute. :) It is so fun to see their personalities come out more and more as they get older! And you'll love seeing Drew as a big brother. There's something about seeing your children together that just makes you heart melt as a mother. :)
I laughed so hard at the picture of Drew sitting in that big boy chair with his arms crossed in front of the cake! HILARIOUS facial expression he has. Thanks for the website info, I'll be sure to check it out. :)
Isn't it funny what they'll rediscover? Like the tractor he got LAST year is now his favorite. Aidan's definitely done that with toys. I'll be ready to give something away, and find that it's Aidan's new favorite! And he gets obsessed with the greeting cards too... even more than the toys!
I can't wait to see what kind of big brother Drew turns out to be!
I sent you the invite to my blog. let me know if you have any problems.
The Sears pics came out so adorable. I can't believe he's 3 already!! Time really flies. The pic of the two of you at the end is so cute. It's so rare to get mommy in the pics because we are usually taking the pictures!
Post a Comment