Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

Dear Drew: OK - so I'm a few days late on my Christmas post, but things have been busy! Plus, Daddy and I have been a bit under the weather the past few days. Fortunately, you are still operating at 100% though!

Let's start with Christmas Eve...We finally put the star on our tree and hung your "2nd Christmas" ornament! --Better late than never-- And Aunt Whitney helped you with your "grandson" ornament.



Sorry that I still don't know how to work my camera...this would have been super cute if it hadn't been so blurry... But even though it's blurry, you can still see the excitement on your face!!









And one last look at the 2008 Christmas tree...I must admit, i wasn't all that happy with it this year. Something about the garland I think...



Then it was time for a quick family picture before we headed to Mom's and then Mama Mary Kay's.



At Mama's one of your presents from Grandma and Grandpa was too big to wrap so we just threw a sheet over it!


How hilarious is this pic?!?! Take a close look at Aunt Whit and Grandma's faces. I think they are more excited than you!!



You loved your new Elmo kitchen, I mean restaurant!



Here's Mama's tree...



Here's some more pics from the fun night...



You thought the puzzle box made a good chair!



You LOVE books!




Grandma and Grandpa loved their "A Whole Year of Drew" calendar!



And before bed, we had to put some cookies and milk out for Santa. It looks like you were thinking about maybe trying them out...


Love you Drew ~ Mommy

4 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE this post! I keep meaning to write one to Aidan too... but I also keep a handwritten journal just for him. I know, I'm a nut!

And I love all the pictures, blurry or not. My favorite? The puzzle box as a chair. Kids are so funny! Give Drew a big after-Christmas hug for me!!

Joy Howse said...

I love all the pictures. I think my two favorite (couldn't pick just one) is the one of him reading the book and the last one with the Christmas cookies. he is just so darn adorable!!!

i am sure people get bored of my blog and rambling, but it really is for my kids as well as myself in journaling the things that happen. They already love reading it and going back to see what happened in the past. I hope that same excitement is there in the future when their entire lives are journaled out for them. I love blogging. :)

Glad you had a very Merry Christmas, I am off to read the second post now.

Christie & Roger said...

OK - the picture of Drew opening the Elmo kitchen with your mom and Whitney has me cracking up! I also LOVE the last picture with Drew and the plate of cookies!!!

Anonymous said...

I just happened across your blog from someone ... while skipping around on many blogs. Your little boy is adorable. And I love your friends dinner after Thanksgiving. I am interested in planning a scavenger hunt. Was it that difficult to plan? Would you be willing to share it with me? I would appreciate any help or advice (I'm not that creative) :) My email address is sunnylivy@yahoo.com