Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Activities

Dear Drew ~ I think we finally got you well again! And because I want you healthy for the holidays, you will not be going back to daycare until January...

On Tuesday, we had our first family Christmas celebration of the season! We had dinner and opened presents with Poppy, Nanny, and Grandpa Fred. I can tell that you are definitely going to enjoy opening the presents a lot more this year!


I also attempted to get a picture of you with all of them. Not too bad, except for everyone kept wanting to look at you :o)


Today, we went to church in my hometown with all of my family. You looked so cute and LOVED your hat! You had it on from the time we left until the end of church!


I really wanted to get some family pics in front of the tree before we left, but since we were running late, I only had a chance to get a few. For some reason, you smiled and looked right at the camera on the tripod! If I had been back there, you wouldn't have looked my way for anything!


Later, I got out the new underwear I bought you. While I am off over Christmas, I thought we might give potty training a try. You've worn training pants before, but I think you were amazed with the characters on these!!


You might have noticed that there wasn't a star on the top of our tree in the pics above. The placing of the star has been a little tradition of yours and Daddy's, so we put it on tonight...



oxox,
Mommy

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So cute! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Adalynn sends hugs from PA!

Joy Howse said...

Great family pic in front of the tree. i remember the star placing being a big family tradition when I was a kid. Dad worked an enormous amount of hours each week, so we would decorate the tree without him and then hold off on the star till he was home to do it together. I have carried that down to my kiddos.

Best of luck with the new underwear adventures. :)

Mommy3 said...

Aw I really like the one where he is helping put the star on the tree. The very last one. So precious. Merry Christmas!

Kelly Rogers said...

I love the all the pics, especially the family one and the shots of Drew helping with the star. So cute!