Then we headed to the grandstand to watch the 4-wheeler races. It was hot but not unbearably so. It was, however, very humid which equals fuzzy hair for me and curly hair for Drew!
And what's a trip to the fair without some yummy food? Drew's fave was definitely the funnel cake, but who can blame him!
*****************
Some others things before I forget...
On Monday, Drew peed for the first time ever...on a tree! Yep, not on his potty, but on a tree. We were outside in our backyard and Drew was running around with just a shirt on and I asked him if he wanted to pee on the tree. He came over there, pulled his shirt up and just stood there for a few seconds, but nothing happened so off he went to play. Then a couple of minutes later, he came running over to the tree and peed on it! So now I know that he knows when he needs to pee and how to control it...it's just making him care! If I can get a couple of free days, I'm just going to let him go pantless or put him in undies because that's the only time he realizes he's peeing and I think that's the key for him (it also means lots of messes to clean up though...). And with only a little over 2 months left before Baby B arrives, I really don't want to be buying diapers for two!
On Tuesday night, we finally converted Drew's crib into a toddler bed. It has been going great! The past three nights he's went to sleep like always and hasn't tested his new freedom of being able to get out of bed by himself. Because I'm kind of paranoid, though, we've been putting a gate up in his doorway at night because I'm afraid he might wake up in the middle of the night and just go roaming around the house! He hasn't been here to take a nap in it yet, so I hope it goes just as smooth!!


3 comments:
Glad to hear the toddler bed conversion went well! And it looks like Drew had a great time at the fair!
I was just thinking about converting Aidan's crib... and the baby gate is a great idea! He's not even trying to climb out (the boy could seriously scale it no problem), but he keeps getting his feet stuck in the rails. It's a pain! Literally.
Hilarious about peeing on the tree. I've been going gung-ho talking up the potty chair, but Aidan really doesn't want to sit on it yet. Maybe next summer he'll be ready.
Drew looks so cute driving the jeep. I love his big smile in the boat ride picture, too. He is so cute! I love reading about what you've been trying with Drew as far as potty training and bed-conversion, since I will be there with Gavin soon. It helps to have some ideas when the time comes!
Post a Comment