Friday, December 19, 2008

"Drew, this is Santa!"

Jon and I took Drew to the mall last night to meet Santa.

First, we let him check things out. He really liked Santa's reindeer!

Then I started leading Drew towards Santa...

But it was a no go!
So, here is our Santa picture!!
Here's Drew having dinner in his Santa hat!

And just for fun here is "Butterball Drew" from last Christmas with Santa (he was almost 6 months old here)!!

7 comments:

Kameron said...

Awww, they had matching chins last year!! Sorry Drew wasn't havin the whole Santa thing. I was so excited that we managed to get a good shot. Nathan would go to a total stranger, he has no anxiety at all. :o)

Heather said...

Love the little butterball!! Kinda makes me wonder what Aidan will be like next year with Santa (I still haven't done Santa pics this year!). Seems like most of my friends with 1-2 year olds do NOT like the big guy (except Kameron's son!!).

That's awesome you're getting a huge canvas of that picture. I did a canvas of Aidan's feet in our hands in black and white, but I only did a 16x20, which now seems a little small. And I still can't find the perfect spot for it. Maybe when we have #2, I'll get the same size of a similiar pose, and then I can at least make a grouping of the 2 pics.

Oh, and too bad about Jon's stocking! I like that one's a different color, but I'm sure you didn't want Jon's in the middle! : )

Alicia W. said...

I love all the pics you took to capture the moment. You have a great eye for photography. :o)

The Ski's said...

I think your picture with Santa is just perfect!!!!! : )

Christie & Roger said...

Aw, too cute! I have a feeling we will experience the stranger anxiety next year with Lillie. Like Drew last year, Lillie just sat on Santa's lap like it was no big deal!

Heather said...

Yeah, I've always struggled with Christmas tree pictures! Or Christmas lights in general. You want to capture that nighttime feeling, but still see the lights... and not have it be blurry!

When I take pics of the tree with lights on at night, I use no flash, but turn lights on in nearby rooms. It makes a yellow light in the back, but good enough. I don't ever use the settings (outdoor, portrait, etc.) because I've just never seen much of a difference (or a GOOD difference). I've been using the flash for the close-up ornament pictures. They seem to look good. The pics I took of my tree with lights on that looks the best (in a previous post) were in the daytime, NO flash. The lights look great, the ornaments show up... but it is daytime. But that's the only way!

Ok, there's my LONG explanation! Maybe I'll see if you have an e-mail address on your profile and I'll send you a couple pics!

Darcy said...

Santa came to the preschool a week or two ago...and most of the 3 and 4 years were scared of the big guy. I think it's pretty normal.

I love the family shot with Santa. It'll be a memory for years to come!

Merry Christmas!