Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful for Friends!

For the third year in a row, we have had friends over on the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a "Fun with Friends" party. This year, 18 of our closest friends joined us for a fabulous dinner and then a scavenger hunt!! This was the first time I had ever put together a scavenger hunt and it was a surprise to everyone. I think everyone really enjoyed it. And let me tell you, we have some very talented friends! The winning team completed EVERYTHING on the list. Some of the funnier things they had to do was take pictures of a teammate with a Wal-Mart associate, pumping a stranger's gas, with someone that has a mullet, and in a golf cart. They also had to collect some random items like an election sign, a job application, and an ear of corn that was leftover in a corn field (only two teams got that one!). The funniest part was hearing the stories of how they came up with some of the stuff! Here are some pics from the fun night...

Time to eat!!
Everyone enjoying dinner (in our garage!)

Candice and Colby "won" an Albert Pujol's bobble head :)
Me giving the winning scavenger hunt team their prize.
Marcie, Jared, Rachel, and Chris -- the winning team!

"Losers" Daysha and Braci! (they may not have won, but they had fun!)

My girls!

Our men!

Had to show everyone the fabulous blogs I'm addicted to!

And since I can't very well do a post that doesn't mention Drew, here he is having a lemon!

5 comments:

Joy Howse said...

Love the scavenger hunt idea. And doing this all on the Sat. after Thanksgiving avoids the chaos of Christmas parties and scheduling nightmares. The lemon pic is adorable of course. I am all for torturing my kids for the sake of a fun photo.

The Ski's said...

Ok, the scavenger hunt is HILARIOUS! I love it!!!!! What a great idea. I may have to steal that one and use sometime. Give Drew smooches! Glad you are all well!

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

This looks like so much fun! We did the scavenger hunt thing before. One of the craziest things we had to do was make a human pyramid (like cheerleading) outside of the Macy's in the mall. It was horrible!! But we also laughed so hard!!!

Great idea!!!

Heather said...

Wow, you guys have a LOT of friends!!! Is Jon really friends with all your girls' husbands? It's hard for me to find a couple that we both like.

What a fun dinner tradition!!! And the scavenger hunt is awesome! I would've loved to participate. : ) I think I did one of those once, but nobody was really into it, so it was lame. But sounds like you have some really competitive friends!

And I LOVE that you were showing off your blogging world! haha I do that too. : )

amanda said...

Oh! I love scavenger hunts. What a cool idea.

I love the lemon face. Did he keep eating it after he figured out it was so sour?