Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Wow, what a fun and busy Easter weekend we had!

I didn't have to work on Saturday, so it was the first Saturday since January that Jon and I both had the day off. We went to visit some friends on Friday night so we didn't get home until after Drew's bedtime and he decided to sleep in on Saturday morning. We actually had to wake him up at 9am! After Drew's nap, we headed to my home town for an Easter egg hunt at the church I grew up going to. This was Drew's first egg hunt and he did great! (Although we did "practice" finding eggs all morning around the house!)


And reeeeeeeeeach for those eggs...


Saturday night we colored eggs. Drew has figured out that he is suppose to smile when a camera is in site, so you'll see some of his "cheesy" smiles in these pics...






Easter Sunday morning, Drew awoke to presents from mommy, daddy and the Easter bunny.


Big hugs for Mr. Bunny!


Drew threw a bit of a fit before we headed to church (he didn't want to get his teeth brushed, he didn't want to take a bath, he didn't want to get his clothes on...), but I did manage to get a few cute pics of him in his Easter outfit (which Jon didn't much care for by the way...).



After church, we went to my mom's and he got a basket there too. However, the bad mood continued, especially when we tried to put the bunny ears on him - ha!! (Won't he love this pic when he gets older???)


Then it was time to get some family pics. Despite Drew's foul mood, we did end up with some good ones.


After lunch at my grandma's and a (very short) nap, we headed home. It was a little cool out, but we did a quick Easter egg hunt in our back yard using the eggs we had colored. By the end of the hunt, all of the eggs were broken b/c Drew was dropping them in the basket so hard!




Overall, we had a wonderful Easter weekend!

And now my favorite thing to do...a couple of pictures from Easter 2008!


5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I'm cracking up here at the crying picture with the bunny ears! Pure torture!!!! I think my husband would've booed that outfit too, but it's so darn precious - you just wanna keep them looking young and sweet as long as possible! Glad you got a good family shot! I totally forgot to bring our camera to church, and by the time we were around people to take a picture of us, Aidan was cranky. : (

Love Drew's cheesy smile - and that swirl of hair!! Cute, cute pic of him last year too.

It's almost over - TWO MORE DAYS!!!

Kameron said...

I was wondering if you'd reappear before the 15th! I personally like the vintage look of that outfit. They guys just want our little babies to be men already! Great pics and, sadly, the ears one is too cute!

Joy Howse said...

He looks so adorable, even the crying/bunny ear one. My camera didn't even make an appearance that day. :( I need to get life back on track here. You are almost to the finish line, hang in here.

The Ski's said...

So cute! It was good to be able to catch up with your family! We've missed you....but I know how swamped you are. Love the picture of Drew with the bunny ears on. We, too, have bunny ear pics....but Brian would have probably divorced me if I would have posted "his boy" wearing them! : ) I, personally, think it is a great memory to capture...and am so glad you shared with us! Welcome back to the blogging world!

Anonymous said...

GaH! Love Drew as a bunny!