Yesterday marked the two-week date since Drew's palate surgery. Just to give everyone an update, he has been sleeping all night since Saturday night and he is eating really well, although I'm mainly still feeding him stage 2 and 3 baby food, and of course that baby oatmeal that he loves! He had his last dose of Tylenol on Tuesday (he was down to just one or two doses a day) and has been in good spirits! As for the arm restrainsts, he only wore them during his nap and at night, but only for about a week. It was like he just knew not to put anything in his mouth! I got a pretty good look at his palate the other night and there are still a lot of stitches. I don't know how long it takes for them to dissolve. Overall, Drew has done much better with this surgery than I ever, ever thought possible!
Also, today Drew is 13 months old! He is not walking yet, but getting a little braver about letting go of stuff and kind of "falling" into our arms. He walks all around the furniture and pushes those little walking toys around, so hopefully not much longer. I am anxious for him to start walking!!!
Also, today Drew is 13 months old! He is not walking yet, but getting a little braver about letting go of stuff and kind of "falling" into our arms. He walks all around the furniture and pushes those little walking toys around, so hopefully not much longer. I am anxious for him to start walking!!!
Below is the only picture I got of him today. Jon and I went to pick him up at my mom and stepdad's after work and then we went to visits some friends. We went ahead and put him in his jammies before we left their house and he was pretty much out of it by the time we got home as you can see from this picture...


3 comments:
Glad Drew is doing so well! I'm sure us Moms are more nervous about the surgery than we need to be. Kids are so resilient. And I bet you'll be sorry that you wished he could walk - soon he'll be walking everywhere and getting into everything! : ) Looks like he had fun at the fair.
once he starts walking he will be everywhere. Amelia did not walk until she was 16 months old and we were so worried....looking back I have no idea why....Thanks for the update so I can know what to expect after surgery.
Glad to hear he's done so well with his recovery! Praise the Lord!!
Our first didn't walk until she was 18 months old! Don't push him walking, cause once he starts, he won't ever stop! LOL.
Post a Comment