Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Speech Appointment at St. Louis

Today Jon, Drew, Jaci (Drew's local speech therapist) and I traveled to St. Louis for an evaluation with the speech therapist on his craniofacial team. It was a two hour session in her office and it went pretty good...at first. Drew was interested in all the "toys" she had and her little chair and table, but grew tired of it all pretty quick, so then he started fussing and trying to drag us to the door. While Jon was on a bathroom break, I was trying to calm him down by getting in the floor with him and in the time I went from the chair to the floor, Drew feel and cut his eye (top and bottom)! So of course he started whaling and his attention was pretty much shot after that... Anyway, she seemed fine with Drew's progress and wasn't worried at all that the only sounds he predominately makes are "m" and "b." She gave us some activities to work on -- including some to help with his low frustration tolerance!

After his appointment, we had lunch at Fazoli's and then went to Barnes and Noble to get a few new books. Luckily, Drew peacefully drifted off to sleep when we got in the car and slept most of the way home.

Here are some pics after we got home...including some close-ups of his wounded eye!




And here's a cute one of him in the bathtub (inspired by Heather!).

4 comments:

Joy Howse said...

Glad to hear the appointment went well. Yikes on the eye!! Not the first owie I am sure and positive it won't be the last, but still no fun.

Heather said...

yay for tub pics!! I can't wait to bathe Aidan in a tub full of bubbles!!

You always have the cutest clothes on Drew - is that shirt part of that Gymboree collection? I LOVE the shirts with the fake long sleeves. They're so cute!

Love the image of your little boy trying to DRAG you out the door. heehee

Allison said...

Poor little guy, that looks like it hurt! I couldn't help but wonder, is his low frustration tolerance on a scale that's out of the ordinary? Don't ALL toddlers have a low frustration tolerance? Just give him guidance, time and space and he'll do just great!

He looks cute as ever in the pics, he's such a sweetheart!

Adawk said...

Love the tub pic, his eyes are so blue