Monday, December 1, 2008

Not Me! Monday


This is my first time participating in Not Me Monday! For those of you who haven't visited MckMama's blog, it is definitely worth checking out!! And since I don't know how to do those fancy links where you can make someone's name a link, here is her blog address: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

So here is what I DIDN'T do this week:

...I did not wear a "hoody" to work last week and justify it because it was made out of sweater material. I would never wear something that casual to our professional office!

...I did not hide green beans in Drew's grilled ham and cheese as a way of tricking him into eating them. I'm not sneaky enough to do something like that!

...I did not put a sweater on Drew on Thanksgiving just because it was very "fall looking" since it was almost 60 degrees that day. That would have been pure torture for the little guy!

...My little sister and I did not go to Wal-Mart on "black Friday" 45 minutes after they opened only to find that the two toys I was looking for were SOLD OLD! I wasn't at all disappointed since this was the first time I went Wal-Marting on black Friday and the main reason I went was to see the madness. And since I wasn't disappointed, I most certainly did not drive to the next nearest Wal-Mart (30 minutes away) to see if they had the Thomas the Tank Aquadoodle Mat or the Crayola Tadoodle toy. (Who would have ever thought that those would be "hot" items?)

...Speaking of Wal-Mart, I most certainly did not feel old when seeing that they had a 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch Kid. I am definitely not old enough to have received a CPK 25 years ago...(his name is Woodward Woody, and yes I still have him!).

OK - so if you want to play along too, check out McKMama's blog for all the rules!

And if you are a first time visitor to my blog, please leave a comment so I can check your blog out too!

5 comments:

Heather said...

yay! You're officially a Not Me!-er. : ) I wasn't going to do one today, but maybe I will!

Love the sneaky green beans!! haha How did he like them? Did he notice? And I'm totally with ya on torturing our poor boys despite the weather!

So... about linking... go to the website first you want your link to link to, highlight the url (address line at the top of page) and copy (Ctrl C). Then find your WORD (such as "MckMama") in your post and highlight it. Click the "insert link" button (it's a little green blob with a black thing that looks like chainlinks... on the same line as the "insert picture" link). Paste (ctrl V) the website address there and voila!! Your word should now appear a different color and underlined. Try it out and let me know if it works!!

If you want it to link to someone's general blog, make sure you're on their home page (check the website address at the top). If you want it to link to a specific post, click on the title of their post and then highlight and copy the website address (you'll notice the address is longer and includes the title of the post at the end).

Sorry for the long instructions! Have fun!

Joy Howse said...

Today was my first time doing the Not Me! Monday post as well. It was fun. :) I am guilty of the whole sweater thing in spite of EIGHTY degree weather this past week!!

Alicia W. said...

Hey!! I popped over from Heathers page. Your first not me's were great!!! :o) Welcome to your newest addiction.

Have a great night and by the way - your little boy is PRECIOUS!

Kameron said...

I love that Heather lured you into the Not Me! madness! Isn't it fun??? I can't believe those toys were sold out. I have only done the black Friday early morning mess once and it was so crazy!

I too feel old now that you've told me CPK are on their 25th year. In 2nd grade I got a set of CPK twins they were brown curly haired kiddos in yellow velvet outfits and the boy had one front tooth. Their names were Alvina and Teddy Oh I miss those. I need a girl baby in my life!

Brianna said...

Hi! I enjoyed reading your blog! I still have two of my CPKs! One's a girl named Peggy and the other was a boy named Rufus!
Your son, Drew is too cute!

Happy blogging!
Brianna