Monday, August 11, 2008

Speech Day!

Drew had speech therapy today. He is still saying "ma" for everything, but I truly think he tries to say all kinds of words, but he just hasn't figured out how to push air out of his mouth yet.

The therapy session is basically a play session during which Jaci tries to get Drew to say words like "ball," "puppy," "push," "more," "bubbles," and "pop." He is suppose to learn how to make the "m, b, and p" sounds first. She also tries to plug his nose when he says ball to prevent the air from coming out of his nose, but he is not a fan of nose plugging... Miss Jaci also brought Drew a belated birthday gift and guess what is was??? A new ball! He of course loved it!

Eating has still been going good (but slow!). Daddy helped him with dinner tonight, which was a grilled cheese (with a little bit of shaved ham), carrots, and applesauce. He also helped daddy eat his spaghetti and then had a bit of angel food cake for dessert. This took about an hour! He just sits there and eats and eats and eats! So far he has liked everything we have given him and also liked every kind of baby food. I hope he keeps up these healthy eating habits because I have never been a healthy eater. (I'm one of those people who always orders their sandwiches plain -- Subway loves me!). Dinner started at 5:30 and lasted 'til about 6:30. Then he had his snack before bed around 8:00, so I think he went to bed on a full stomach tonight!!!

No comments: