Drew has been on a one nap a day schedule since right after his first birthday. He usually sleeps right around 2 hours (from 1 to 3). The past few days, though, he had been taking shorter naps -- like around an hour and a half, which makes for a fussy boy at night! We had been laying him down a bit later since he was sleeping later in the morning, but I read that sometimes your baby will sleep longer for their nap if you lay them down earlier and before they really get tired. So today he woke up around 8am and I put him down for his nap right at 1 even though he didn't seem tired. He fussed for a minute or so and then fell asleep and stayed asleep for 2 hours and 45 minutes!! I think that is his longest nap ever! Hopefully he'll keep that up because I was able to get a lot of cleaning and other stuff done!!
We have also still been on the "no baby food" diet. His average meal is taking about an hour because he is such a slow chewer. I may have mentioned before that I am not much of a cook so I've kind of dreaded having to come up with healthy foods for him to eat. I ended up buying some of the meals that Gerber makes and he has been eating them good. For lunch today he had beef ravioli (Gerber meal) and carrots. Then for dinner he has mac and cheese w/peas and carrots (another Gerber meal) and blueberries. I'm always asking moms for advice on easy but healthy meal ideas for lunch and dinner so if anyone would like to share any, that would be great!
Here is a pic at dinner time. Oh, and that is a big mosquito bite on his cheek. I had mosquito spray on his arms and legs, but one landed right on his cheek yesterday and I immediately shewed it off, but I guess it must have gotten him fast!


1 comment:
Hi Krissy,
Does Drew like soup? I always keep some in the cupboard for those moments when I need something fast for the girls. I get Amy's organic Lentil and Vegetable, and Vegetable Barley, and Earths Best Elmo Vegetable. Both Abby and Ella eat it all up, and it's easy for me!
Post a Comment