Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"The Lost Files" / Strep Throat Update

And the doctor said...that Drew's throat/tonsils/rash/ear looked fine and since the strep throat test came back negative, that we could stop the antibiotic!

****************

I realized that with all the busyness of "busy season" that there were a few things I forgot to mention.

First, check out our 24x36 canvas gallery wrap from our family session with the fabulous Clary! I procrastinated so long before I finally ordered it, but now I am so glad that I did!! I bought a CD with all of our pictures on it and the copyright to them and ended up ordering the canvas from Mpix. They have great customer service and the way they package their products is unbelievable (and their shipping costs are really low too).

Second, Jon and I started the South Beach diet 7 weeks ago. Since then, Jon has lost 19.6 lbs (way to go honey!) and I have lost 10. We are gearing up for our Florida vacation in June! I was a total carb (and sugar) addict, so if I can stick to the no carb/no sugar "rules" of the first two weeks, then trust me, anyone can! I don't even really like to say that I am on a "diet," though. I prefer to call it our new healthy eating plan!

Third, after posting pics from my brother's birthday last night, I realized that I didn't post any of my sister's bday (she turned 14 on March 2). Sorry Whitney!!


Fourth, our office had an "Over the Hump Party" in March to celebrate tax season being half over. I don't think anyone would argue with me when I say that Drew was the life of the party! This pic is blurry but I think it's cute :o)


And finally, I am totally and completely addicted to The Biggest Loser. I have never watched it before, but I am hooked! I am rooting for Mikey!! Does anyone else watch it and if you do, who are you rooting for??

6 comments:

Brooke said...

OMG - your canvas is beautiful!!! I would love to get one of them one day for above our mantle. So nice!

Oh, and to answer your question, yep, I have a "mini". I think it was from the second year that iPods were out....so it is "ancient" :)

Joy Howse said...

Yah for no antibiotics. LOVE the canvas print. Would love to get one but a picture of me that big would just be wrong. Thanks for the recap. it is nice to have you back. :)

Heather said...

Love how the print turned out! I've been meaning to ask! The size is perfect for the space.

Second, my dad just sent me his unread South Beach Diet book and I skimmed through it. Now I'm DYING to know how you survived the first two weeks! Seriously?? No carbs or sugar? How did you survive? I'd love to know more.

I'm a Biggest Loser addict too... been watching for at least 3 seasons now. I can't believe how much Mike has lost! I tape it every week for my friend who doesn't have cable. : )

And finally, please let me more about Drew going off bottles. Was he taking a sippy cup before then? When did you stop formula? I think Aidan would freakin' Fa-LIP if I stopped the bottle in 2 weeks. Maybe by palate surgery, but definitely not by his first birthday.

Ok, I'll stop my million comments. : )

Kameron said...

The canvas is gorgeous! I would love to get one like it for over our mantle. Then maybe I can declutter all of the chotchies! And yeah for the no antibiotics. Poor kid, he probably has NEVER really had strep and they keep giving him those. :o(

Unknown said...

Oh my word. I am obsessed with that canvas - just gorgeous! I need to get one of those!

Alicia W. said...

LOVING the canvas and it looks fantastic over the mantle. I'm going to check out their prices and stuff as soon as I finish up commenting on your post. :)

Girl, I haven't missed one episode of the biggest loser, love that show! Major thumbs up for sticking w/ the south beach diet.. that is great Krissy!

Poor little Drew-bug! He is still cute as he can be when he dosen't feel good. Have a great weekend and take tons of pictures so you can post them on blogger for all of your fans to see. :o)