Sunday, May 24, 2009

Celebrating Graduation and Our Anniversary

On Thursday night, Whitney graduated from 8th grade. It's hard to believe that my brother and sister and now both high schoolers! Even harder to believe is that Colby will be a senior next year!!! Drew was so good during the entire graduation. I figured Jon would end up having to take him out to the commons area, but he sat there the whole time and never made a sound. Not that it lasted that long, but still, I was so proud of him!




After graduation, we went back to mom's house so Whitney could open her gifts. I brought cupcakes and couldn't wait to have one (OK, so maybe I had two...). The hardest part about our new "healthy eating plan" is staying away from sweets b/c I have a huge sweet tooth!

We were getting ready to head home when I remembered that it was our anniversary, so we had to get a quick family pick! We had to "lure" Drew into his Elmo chair for this pic b/c he wasn't really in the mood for a photo session!


Jon and I went out to eat Friday for our anniversary. We went to an Italian restaurant that we had never been to before. The diet was out the window that night too. For an appetizer, we had a cheese cover portabella mushroom. For my dinner, I had lobster ravioli and Jon had some type of veal, which he had never had before. And we of course had to have dessert -- a super yummy white chocolate, strawberry cheesecake!

Here we are after dinner. Jon was so embarrassed that I was taking his picture. He is just lucky that I forgot to get it out sooner!


4 comments:

Joy Howse said...

Happy Anniversary. You are so great at remembering to take family photos at each occasion. I always get home and then kick myself for not taking a family photo. Need to work on that. Hope you have a great week.

Kameron said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours is 3 days before Natey's birthday so we always get to celebrate it on a different day! Your dinner sounded really good. Now I want lobster ravioli!

Alicia W. said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are so freakin cute!

Brooke said...

Sorry I missed sending you well wishes for your Anniversary. Sounds like it was such a nice dinner.

Oh, and I hear you on the sweet tooth front! It's my biggest downfall.