Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Update & A Busy Monday

Saturday, I went to a baby shower for my friend Candice. She is due on June 26th -- one day after Drew's birthday! Here I am with the girls! (Candice is the one in the green. Right next to her is Laurie, who is due in August!)


I've never been good at 'self portraits,' but here is my new hair. Maybe not as short as the other pic, but I like it!


After the shower (and after Drew's nap, which was only an hour and a half...) we all headed to Gabe, Laurie, and Colten's house. Colten is almost 3 months older than Drew. I guess you could say the boys had a fun time playing together, although Drew spent most of the time crying every time Colten tried to touch him or take a toy from him. I thought daycare was suppose to teach him to play with others? Oh well! Drew had better get use to Colten b/c they will be spending a lot of time together this summer!


Drew and Daddy on the motorcycle:


Gabe and Colten riding the Rhino.


Sunday was church and then while Drew took his nap, I headed to the mall to get Whitney a gift for her 8th grade graduation. While Drew slept (another hour and a half nap...) Jon worked on putting together one of Drew's early birthday presents from his grandma and grandpa. Toys-R-Us was running a special a few weeks ago where if you spent a certain amount, you got a FREE sand and water table. Can't beat free so mom decided to go ahead and buy it. Plus, might as well let him have the whole summer to play with it! Jon hasn't gotten the stickers on it yet, but I think it's pretty neat!


As for today, we got up, had breakfast, went to the library, Drew had speech, ate lunch, Drew took a nap, went to a local gift shop to finish up Whit's gift, stopped by the office so Drew could visit, then I headed to step aerobics, which kicked my butt again!! While I was at aerobics, Jon treated Drew to a Micky D's cheeseburger and then took him to Ely's baseball game! It was a non-stop day!

At the library:


Enjoying a burger (although it looks to me more like he's playing instead of eating!):


One other thing, our anniversary is Thursday and I gave Jon his present early...a Big Green Egg. I don't know much about it, but according to Jon, it is suppose to be awesome!

6 comments:

Alicia W. said...

Loving your hair and my hubby loves the Rhino! :o) Glad you guys had a great weekend.

amanda said...

I'm happy everything is going well. Your hair looks really cute. I love that picture! And Drew looks like he's having a lot of fun running around and being a big boy!

Kameron said...

Your hair looks so cute!! Oh I can't wait until my pregnant belly is big. I hate the beginning phase where you just feel fat. I want to feel movement and find out what I'm having! Sorry, I digress, I just get a little overboard sometimes! :o)

Heather said...

Your hair turned out so cute!!!! I just adore how dark your hair is... you look cute next to all of your friends!

Whoa - big green egg? Hadn't heard of that one, but glad Jon liked it!!

Love the big playhouse! I really want to get a swing set/playhouse someday, but we don't really have a good place in the yard for it. Guess I'll just send Aidan over the fence to our neighbors!!

Did you see Nuggey's new hair cut? So much for the longer-haired MckMama boys! At least Big Mac's still is long. Drew's looking good!

Mary Kay said...

Isn't it crazy how busy weekends can be. It is the same at my house.
Love the haircut. I am going to get mine chopped this Friday. I go back to work June 1st. The past 3 months have been a blurr of House episodes and bottles.

Brooke said...

Love your haircut! It looks great!!