Let's see, was it mine and Drew's first adventure to our local library where I got my first ever library card? No. (Only pic is from cell phone...)
Was it the get-together we went to Saturday night at one of our friend's house where Drew got to play with all of our friends' kids? Nope. (Sorry, no pics.)Maybe it was the birthday party we went to on Sunday for my cousin at a local park? Not that either.
The most exciting (while not "good" exciting) thing that happened this weekend had to be our our 3 hour visit to the ER on Sunday night. Yep, you guessed it. Drew is sick...again!
Around 6:00 Sunday evening, I thought Drew felt a little warm and since we don't have a thermometer that I trust, I just went ahead and gave him some Tylenol (his teeth have been driving him nuts anyway so I figured it wouldn't hurt). Then, while Jon was giving him his bath, I ran to the grocery store. When I got back, Jon said that he didn't think Drew felt good. And not too much longer after that, Drew threw up. I was holding him in the rocking chair and he just still felt warm so I had Jon go to Wal-Mart to get one of those thermometers that you swipe across your forehead. When he got back and we took Drew's temperature, it showed 103. We tried it on us too and we were both normal, so I told Jon that I thought we should head to the ER.
To make this more interesting (and even though it isn't Monday), I thought I would finish this in "Not Me Monday" style!
It was not Drew who threw up two more times while we sat in the ER waiting room.
It was not me that chose to get thrown up on v. letting Drew get sick in the {germy} ER waiting room trash can.
It was then not me that had to change out of my shirt and into my hoodie -- thank goodness Jon grabbed it on the way out!
It was not me asking, "Are you almost done?" when they had to draw blood from poor little Drew's arm.
And finally, it was not Jon and I who were laughing at the other visitors to the ER. Especially the young girl who said she had hit herself in the head with a hammer and her husband thought she had a concussion (CT scan) and also stepped on a nail (tetanus shot). And also the mother who seemed convinced that her son had the swine flu. Even in the waiting room she was telling me about the confirmed cases in our state. I even heard the doctor telling her (after her little boy's blood work came back) that if he had the swine flu, then the results would have shown X.
Anyway, Drew's temp ended up being around 100 at the ER. They tested him for strep throat again and it was negative, but some of his blood work showed elevated levels of something so they opted to put him an antibiotic...again! So, Friday, it's back to the pediatrician.
Why does it seem like Drew has been sick all winter???? Sigh... Although he looks like he is doing pretty good here!!

To make this more interesting (and even though it isn't Monday), I thought I would finish this in "Not Me Monday" style!
It was not Drew who threw up two more times while we sat in the ER waiting room.
It was not me that chose to get thrown up on v. letting Drew get sick in the {germy} ER waiting room trash can.
It was then not me that had to change out of my shirt and into my hoodie -- thank goodness Jon grabbed it on the way out!
It was not me asking, "Are you almost done?" when they had to draw blood from poor little Drew's arm.
And finally, it was not Jon and I who were laughing at the other visitors to the ER. Especially the young girl who said she had hit herself in the head with a hammer and her husband thought she had a concussion (CT scan) and also stepped on a nail (tetanus shot). And also the mother who seemed convinced that her son had the swine flu. Even in the waiting room she was telling me about the confirmed cases in our state. I even heard the doctor telling her (after her little boy's blood work came back) that if he had the swine flu, then the results would have shown X.
Anyway, Drew's temp ended up being around 100 at the ER. They tested him for strep throat again and it was negative, but some of his blood work showed elevated levels of something so they opted to put him an antibiotic...again! So, Friday, it's back to the pediatrician.
Why does it seem like Drew has been sick all winter???? Sigh... Although he looks like he is doing pretty good here!!


4 comments:
UGH!!! Praying Drew will catch a break soon. :( No fun to see our kiddos sick. And, drawing blood from a little one is so traumatizing on them and also on us. Keep us updated. We are still trying to figure out what is wrong with Alexis.
At least you got to do all of the fun stuff BEFORE the ER incident happened. I hope he is better soon. It is no fun being sick all of the time. Poor thing!
Yep...we're right there with you. I am so sorry that Drew and you all have been through so much this winter. That's how I feel it has been with us, as well (and everyone else you ask!). I think this is the most school I have ever missed besides my maternity leave! Serioulsy....it's been bad here! Hope Drew is doing much better super soon!!!! Take care...and stay well!
Bless his precious self. I hope he get's to feeling better soon. The bubbles picture was my absolute favorite. SOOOOO cute.
Have a great day Krissy.
Post a Comment