
Today is my blog's 1 year birthday! I can't believe I've officially been blogging for a year now!
So how did my blog come about? Well, as you can see from my first post, I was using MySpace to document some of the stuff going on in our lives, but I decided I could do it better with a full-out blog. The first blog I ever read was Kinome's. Her cute little Lily was also born with a clef lip. I met her on MySpace (although I can't remember how I found her...probably through another cleft-mommy on there). I remember being on Lily's blog one day and seeing a comment from Shannon. When I clicked over to Shannon's blog (who also has a daughter with a cleft) I couldn't believe how many "cleft friends" she had! To find so many mom's who were going through what I was was simply amazing to me. (Just wish I had found them sooner.)
So I decided to start blogging...to document our wonderful life with Drew...to keep friends and family updated on what was going on with us...to become a part of a wonderful circle of cleft mommy's...and just because it was fun!
And I am so glad I did! Not only have I been able to discuss cleft related issues with other mom's experiencing the same things as me, but I have also truly made a lot of new friends that I feel like I know. I love hearing about their weekends, their kids, their jobs...basically their lives! And I love seeing the pictures that go along with the stories! Stories that sometimes make me laugh while others make me cry...I'm really attached to all of you-ha!
And I am so glad I did! Not only have I been able to discuss cleft related issues with other mom's experiencing the same things as me, but I have also truly made a lot of new friends that I feel like I know. I love hearing about their weekends, their kids, their jobs...basically their lives! And I love seeing the pictures that go along with the stories! Stories that sometimes make me laugh while others make me cry...I'm really attached to all of you-ha!
I'll close just by saying "Thank You!" to everyone who reads my blog and "cares" about us!
Happy birthday blog...may you have many, many more!!


7 comments:
What a cute post. I was just thinking the other day and trying to remember how long ago I started my blog. Just need to take the time to go back to my first post. Happy blog birthday!! I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my blog to vent and others to read for similar experiences related to clefts. What a huge wealth of knowledge.
It's amazing all the wonderful people the blogging world can provide. It is nice to hear other people's stories and being able to relate! Happy Birthday to your blog!
Happy Bloggy Birthday!! Your story sounds just like mine. : )
I think Drew would totally ROCK the Big Mac! Funny, I noticed MckNugget's hair is getting longer and longer. I kind of miss his messy spikes. But Drew has the right shaped head for longer hair. Aidan, however, has a GIANT DOME and the shorter, the better. Actually, if Aidan has curls like Natey, I would never have gone! But Aidan's was just getting out of hand. Just grow Drew's out and see how it looks!! : )
Happy 1st year of blogging! It goes by so fast when your having fun. :o)
Happy birthday blog :)
So glad that I, too, became a Blogger after much debate on whether or not it would be something I would enjoy. I am so glad I did decide to start a blog....and so glad that YOU did, too! I have met amazing people through blogging...and glad that I can name your family as one! Happy Blogging Birthday!!!!!
OK, so I'm a little behind on my blog reading. Here's wishing your blog a Happy Belated Birthday!
Post a Comment