Monday, August 18, 2008

He said "Ba!"

The last couple of days I thought I noticed Drew making a "b" sound, but I wasn't sure. Today, when his speech therapist was here, she said that it was definitely a "b" sound! Yay Drew!!!! It's kind of like "mmmm,ba" so not a 'strong b' yet, but we'll take it! Hopefully "d" will be next -- I know that Jon would be so happy if Drew said "dada."

2 comments:

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

YAY!!! That is so exciting! I know I was more than happy when Adalynn's first sound was /m/ and not /d/...both of the boys clearly said dada first and even though it was totally related to the cleft, Adalynn definitely said mama first.

I don't think Adalynn has the /b/ yet. I keep trying to get here to say ball or bottle, but no such luck. Go DREW!!!!

Darcy said...

Way to Go Drew!!!

Pretty soon, before everyone knows it, you're going to be talking SOOO much that everyone will wonder why it was such a source of worry and stress for a season. LOL. It's been that way with Rachel, I know it'll be that way for you too!

Keep up the great work!