Sunday, June 14, 2009

Florida - Days 1 thru 3

**UPDATED WITH PICTURES - FINALLY!!**

We made it! I had planned on writing every night but once Drew hits the sack, the pool and hot tub start calling my name! Anyway...

As for the flight here, Drew started off being "that kid." You know, the one that you hear/see and say to yourself, "I'm sure glad that's not my kid!" OK, so maybe he wasn't that bad on the plane, but there were a couple of sizable meltdowns since he didn't like being constricted to that little seat on my lap. He got so worked up once that I thought for sure he was going to puke! But, he had been up since 6:30am and by the time the plane took off, he was desperately needing a nap. After the major melt-down, he finally gave in and went to sleep and slept peacefully for the remainder of the flight-whew! When we landed, Jon said to the girl in front of us, "Sorry he was such a bear." To which she replied, "That's OK. It's good birth control!" Drew also received a certificate and his own set of wings!


Bobby, Mom, Colby, and Whitney drove down and arrived early Saturday morning so they had already been at the house and went swimming. They picked us up at the airport around 4:00 and we headed back to the "Sunset House." It is beautiful! And the view...gorgeous! Check it out...


After getting settled in, me, mom, and Whitney decided to go on a "quick" grocery run. There ended up being nothing quick about it as we just couldn't seem to find the one we were looking for and then we ended up getting lost. Fortunately good 'ol Tom (you know, the TomTom) pulled us through and while taking a detour, we finally spotted the place we had been looking for! Since we had already been gone so long, we made a mad dash through the grocery store and headed back to the house. When the guys asked what we had bought for dinner that night we said, "Nothing." Everything we had bought was breakfast food, snacks, drinks, and some lunch meat. (We did drive through Sonic and get Drew a grilled cheese though!) So we ordered dinner from "Pinchers Crab Shack." Jon and I shared a Pinchers Platter for two and had shrimp, scallops, grouper, veggies, coleslaw (Jon not me), and garlic bread. For dessert...carrot cake that we had picked up at the store! Hello vacation and good bye diet :o)

Drew just amazes me with his adaptability sometimes. I laid him down in his pack-n-play on the first night after reading some books and he feel asleep almost immediately. Never mind that he was in a strange bed and in a strange place!

With Drew in bed, we all put on our swim suits and enjoyed the pool and hot tub (Drew swam while we were on the grocery run).


Day 2: Sunday, June 14th, 2009 - Today was all about relaxing! We swam, went on another grocery run (Jon, Whit, and me this time!), and then had dinner on the patio. We had steak, shrimp, potatoes, broccoli and carrots, and garlic bread -- all thanks to Jon! (and a side of Easy Mac for Drew!) For dessert tonight was key lime cake.




Day 3: Monday, June 15th, 2009 - We woke up this morning and all got ready to hit the beach! We are literally just a few minutes from the beach and tons of restaurants and shops. We rented chairs and umbrellas and got there early enough that is wasn't super packed. Drew liked the ocean and sand, but it definitely wore him out. A little before noon, he was passed out in mom's arms! Jon and Whitney had just rented a jet ski, so I hit the streets and did a little shopping. I might have even bought something for my give-away...



After a little more fun in the sun, we headed back to the house for a late lunch -- grilled hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs -- all cooked by Jon again!

Shortly after that, Jon, Drew, Whitney and I headed to Sun Harvest Citrus which is advertised as "Florida's Finest Citrus, Fresh Squeezed Juice, Gifts, and More... We hit the jackpot here! You could sample all of their fabulous juices and we came away with some orange, strawberry orange, and cranberry orange juice as well as a *free* citrus sampler pack thanks to me bringing a coupon I had seen in one of our books! Drew also got a stuffed alligator and we all enjoyed ice cream. The high-light of this stop, however, might have been the little playground they had. Drew LOVED the slide. Check out his face!



One of Drew's (and Whitney's!) favorite things about the house is the little elevator. Jon said that we are going to have to buy them a new motor for it before we leave b/c they are going to wear it out! He also likes the hammock!


Tomorrow we are heading the the Imaginarium!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Can't wait to see the pics!!! Yum, all that food is making me hungry! Sounds like you're having a great time - so nice to have a hot tub right there to jump into! And yay Drew for sleeping well!! I always freak out that Aidan will be a bad sleeper on vacations... and, wait a minute, HE IS! Thank goodness Drew's doing well. : ) Now get that adaptor so we can see the pics soon!!

Kameron said...

Sounds like a blast so far!! I wish I were having fun in the sun right now! I'm glad Drew adjusted to the time change and I can't wait to see the pics!

Joy Howse said...

All the pictures are great!! Jon sounds like a great cook. I am blessed with a wonderful cooking husband as well.

Christie & Roger said...

I love the pictures! And girl, if you lose any more weight, you're going to disappear!

Alicia W. said...

The pictures are great! LOVE the view from the house. WOW, they had a POOL TOO! Hells yeah - that is a great vacation home for sure. Glad you guys had a great time.