Drew woke up in such a good mood this morning! He was full of smiles and hugs for me and Jon! I took today off from work, but we didn't have much time to lounge around b/c we had a picture appointment at 10am. My mom got to the house around 8:30 so she could go with me. Drew was happy to see her!
Next up, bath time. His bath went well and just as I was finishing up, Drew stood up and...fell! My mom was in there with me and I think her scream probably scared him more than falling!! I kept waiting for a huge knot or bruise to show up, but one never did. After that incident, the good mood wasn't so good anymore... We headed to the photography studio (about 30 minutes away) and I kept my fingers crossed that he would be happy when we got there.
We arrived and got Drew into outfit #1. This was a new studio for us and the photographers (Lori and Dave) were awesome! Dave pretty much played with Drew the entire time while Lori took the pics. Too bad Drew wasn't in the best of moods still... He would sit still for about a minute and then start whimpering and reaching for me. Mom had to actually leave b/c he was clinging to her so bad!
We decided to switch to outfit #2 -- overalls -- and to bring in his little red tricycle from Nan and Pop. He hadn't seen it yet, so I figured he would have a lot of fun playing with it while they snapped some pics. He was excited about it and climbed right on...and proceeded to tip it over...while he was still on it! So needless to say, he didn't want much to do with it after that! I finally got him back on it and we decided to take him outside. Drew loved being pushed outside on it, but as soon as I stopped pushing him, the fit started! Unfortunately, I don't think she got any good outside shots...
We came back in and Drew finally got in a better mood (although he was still having no part of sitting on any of their props. I actually ended up being his "chair!"). We played "chase" and blew bubbles (which Drew can do now by the way!). About an hour after we started, Lori said that she thought she had gotten some good ones, so we stopped. I thanked them for being so patient with him and when I asked her if she thought she got some good ones, she said that most people are surprised how they turn out, even when their kids are less than cooperative. We go to view them on July 7th!
Jon and I had a little party for Drew tonight. His presents from us were a John Deere tractor, a mower to push, a Thomas the Tank bubble machine, and a food/pots and pan set (to go with the kitchen my mom is getting him!). We then had a little cake. The night in pics...
The big party is on Saturday. I had planned on having it in our backyard, but then I checked the weather and saw that it is suppose to be 100 degrees on Saturday! Guess I'd better re-think that idea...
To see how Drew celebrated his first birthday, click here!


5 comments:
Aww, what a great day for Drew! I love the little tractor. I know this has got to be such a fun week for you guys. :o) Can't wait to see the pictures of the BIG PARTY on Saturday.
Have a great day.
I love the daddy and Drew picture. It is so sweet!! Sorry the picture session didn't go as well as you'd planned, but like se said, it only takes a few good shots!! I can't wait to see how they turned out!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW!!! Love the tractor. It is a bummer when they don't want to cooperate for the photographer. Aiden is the same way, wakes up happy but turns grumpy by the time we get there. I am sure you will end up with some great shots and I can't wait to see them. Enjoy the party on Saturday. Hopefully it won't be too scorching hot that day.
Happy birthday, big boy Drew! I hope you had a great day! Cake and presents? It had to have been a good one!
Happy bday Drew! Sawyer has a tractor like that that he LOVES!
Post a Comment